Saturday, August 25, 2007

Latest and Greatest

Have allergies: research shows that nanotubes might soon help out. They basically stop the mast cells from producing histamines. This means no suffering, not just no symptoms, a cure for the reaction. Very nice. article.

How about an advertisement that uses a solar panel to power a display that flashes a message or colors or a whatever. Even better, make the paper out of nanotubes and make the paper the battery, part of it the screen and make the ink you use the solar panel that generates the power. All this can be done now, with the latest inventions. article, article,

Barnacles fouling up your pipes? Sounds like a personal problem, but it doesn't have to be. Nanotube paint has been found to eliminate the problem at the source. The barnacles simply slide right off. Ships save gas, pipes don't have to be cleaned, no more embarrassing barnacles. article.

Nanohorns used to store Hydrogen. Still the same drawback, can only store at low temperatures. Scientist are working on it. article.


Need a new way to apply nanotubes? This article shows a way in which the nanotubes are dispersed in plastic, the plastic is then heated and blown up in a bubble and the surface of the material that needs a coat is in then coated. The article states a thickness, but I believe that this is more useful in that the thickness of the bubble could easily be controlled by moving the surface closer or farther away from the center. article.

A new drug for cancer treatment has entered phase 1 of FDA approval. This uses designed nanotubes to deliver directly to the area, They are big enough the kidney does not filter them and small enough to right into the tissue itself. This makes it very unique as a delivery agent and every major drug company I am sure is looking into this. article.

Hope you enjoyed the post. Time has not been friendly. Look for more frequent posts now.
Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow this is way older than a couple weeks old. DUDE! update your blog!

Jeremy said...

LOL. Your wife asked if I had seen your blog in a comment she left on my blog. I confess that yes I had previously read your blog. She also called me "smart" which I take to be synonymous with the word "nerd". Then her suggestion that my blog may be "cooler" than yours just because I post more regularly is, as I perceive it, an indication that I really do live in my own little oblivious world and aimlessly march onward posting nonsense that most "regular" people could care less about.

So, anyway, here is to nerddom and I hope you find something "cool" to post about soon so as to satisfy the true interest of the rest of us dork's out here in cyberspace. Now I have to go re-Search for some sort of Nerd test that I had seen on peoples blogs recently and see if I can also find some funny stuff about using "quote" and "end quote"'s too much...

Unknown said...

Time to update your blog... How are you doing!!!??? WHAT are you doing? and Where are you now? It's been a while... I started my own blog... nallyfamilyblog.blogspot.com